The RMC Board of Directors and leadership team have launched a strategic exploration process to determine if a potential partner could help us sustain and improve access to high-quality, low-cost care close to home and support the long-term growth of our communities.
This announcement represents an important step to securing an even brighter future for RMC and strengthening our ability to improve the health of our friends, family and neighbors through high-quality healthcare access for years to come.
Our Board of Directors and leadership team are always exploring ways to ensure RMC can continue to deliver the best healthcare to our communities and meet the evolving health needs of our patients.
In today’s ever-evolving healthcare landscape, operating as a stand-alone organization is increasingly rare and challenging. Meaningful partnerships and a willingness to embrace innovative collaboration are required to succeed in securing the best healthcare outcomes possible for those we serve.
We recognize that a potential partner could help us with the resources to improve local patient care in ways that we could not easily do on our own. Specifically, we are focused on exploring how a potential partner could help us advance our vision with a focus on:
- Excellent Clinical Care: RMC has important opportunities to better meet patients’ needs by expanding access to critical services and bringing new physicians and new kinds of care to the local region.
- Supporting Employees and Providers: It is important to the Board that any potential partner is a good cultural fit, embraces RMC’s values, and supports the vital role RMC plays in the region and positions RMC as an employer and clinical partner of choice for the entire medical community. By equipping clinical teams with the needed resources, RMC will be better positioned to continue providing excellent care, while maintaining its role as one of the largest employers in Northeast Alabama.
- Supporting Growing Communities: Recently, Calhoun County and the surrounding communities have experienced considerable economic growth. As the region continues to develop, local communities must have a healthcare system that can meet the growing healthcare needs of the future.
- Equipment, Facilities and Technology: Infrastructure investments that support patient care have a domino effect, bringing more physicians, qualified staff, training and services with them. These investments are critical to improving RMC’s quality of care and keeping pace with industry demands.
- Care Close to Home: RMC believes people should be able to see their doctors and receive the highest-quality services they need close to home. RMC must continue to evolve to ensure the best care is available right here in the local region.
Our Board wants to ensure any potential partner embraces our values, culture and the vital role we play in the communities we serve. In addition, the Board is focused on ensuring any potential partner understands that investing additional resources is vital to RMC’s ability to enhance the healthcare services we provide for our communities.
To guide the Board during this process, we have identified several core considerations that are key to meeting the healthcare needs of Northeast Alabama and supporting the continued economic development of the region. We are seeking a potential partner that will:
- Share RMC’s longstanding commitment to quality, safety and patient experience.
- Invest in RMC’s services, technology, equipment, facilities and people.
- Support our current employees and providers by:
- equipping our physicians and staff with the needed resources to continue providing excellent care
- maintaining RMC’s role as one of the largest employers in Northeast Alabama
- embracing our values, culture and the vital role we play in the communities we serve
- positioning RMC as an employer and the clinical partner of choice for the entire medical community
We are early in the exploration process, and no decisions have been made. In fact, nothing changes today for our employees and providers.
We remain committed to preserving our status as one of the largest employers in Northeast Alabama. We hope that by growing our services and workforce through a potential partnership, RMC can better support our employees, physicians, providers and caregivers and the critical role they play in our patient’s lives.
We recognize the value of our people and our ability to provide excellent patient care is only possible through the dedicated service of our employees, physicians and APPs who show up every day with a passion for serving our communities. Since we are early in the process, nothing changes today regarding our employees’ PTO, benefits, title, position, etc. As we explore a potential partner, we are committed to maintaining positions for our team members. Among our key priorities when determining the right partnership is to support our employees and providers by:
- Equipping our physicians and nurses with the needed resources to continue providing excellent care.
- Embracing our values, culture and the vital role we play in the communities we serve.
- Maintaining RMC’s role as one of the largest employers in Northeast Alabama.
- Positioning RMC as an employer of choice for staff and the clinical partner of choice for the entire medical community.
Nothing changes today as we are still exploring options. Patients will continue to see their doctor and access the services and clinics they always have.
We are excited about the ways our patients and communities may benefit from a potential partnership. For example, a relationship with a larger organization could increase RMC’s ability to bring new services and specialty care to the region, which means patients could receive even more of their medical care close to home.
Nothing changes today, as we are still exploring options. Importantly, patients can continue to see their doctors and access the services and clinics they always have. This process can take several weeks and months as we are being thoughtful in our considerations for ensuring the brightest future for our patients, employees, providers and communities.
We are committed to answering questions as best we can as we have more information to share. To learn more about our strategic partnership exploration process, updates and next steps, please continue to check this website.
Ask a Question
"*" indicates required fields